This is a remote position with Pacific Daylight Time core business hours.
Who is SingleMind?
A Pacific Northwest company through and through, SingleMind is one of the fastest-growing digital design and development agencies in the region. We work with a range of companies to create compelling and elegant digital solutions (apps, websites, IoT, etc). Our mission is to help companies stay relevant in our modern world by using teamwork and collaboration to build, launch and scale new concepts and products.
Who we are looking for
We have an immediate opening for a Technical Project Manager with proven experience organizing and delivering projects consistently and predictably. You'll develop and maintain best practices for our Development team and Design teams, be an essential partner to Product Management, and provide coaching and support across projects. You’ll also “own” backlog maintenance, ticket workflow, and project reporting, spending at least 50% of your time in Jira.
Successful candidates will have a positive attitude, a desire to improve everything, and a consistent ability to lead both processes and people to produce results. An entrepreneurial spirit is important as you’ll have ownership of much of the project lifecycle.
- Apply project management practices and principles in order to optimize delivery
- Develop, improve, and maintain technical processes to assess and manage risk across multiple projects throughout their lifecycle
- Identify project schedules, scope, budget estimation, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation
- Deep Jira experience: “own” the project backlogs in Jira, ensuring tickets are updated with estimates, descriptions, and acceptance criteria, and able to craft a JQL query.
- Solid understanding of agile sprint ceremonies in support of product development, including running standups and other sprint ceremonies across several active projects
- Collaborate with Product on each project’s Release Plans and understand the backlog in enough depth to assist in choosing candidates Stories to be groomed or planned into Sprints
- Work with other management resources to coordinate teams and resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets
- Work between the product/design team and the developers team to clarify scope
- Regularly report on project-related updates, outcomes, and risks to the appropriate teams and channels
- Escalate and manage conflicts and problems to resolution through effective organization, planning and communication
- Ensure that sprint milestones and deliverables are completed according to plan
- Track the amount of time being spent on individual tasks vs the original estimate, understand the implications for the project, and take appropriate actions
- Manage resource conflicts (for project scheduling)
- Collaborate with management teams to support standardized reporting against Objective and Key Results (OKRs).
- Help to recruit new development team members
- Onboard new hires and educate on our technical processes
- Be an indispensable leader and sounding board
- 2+ years of Technical Project Management experience
- 2+ years of experience working daily in Jira
- 2+ years of experience working with an Agile team using scrum
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer, systems analyst, or other technical role
- You're experienced working with distributed and remote teams
- You have a consistent track record of consistently and predictably delivering complex, multi-sided technical projects
The Ideal Candidate
- Meets all the above criteria and…
- You have proven experience providing successful employee, customer, or product training
- You have experience with Slack, Git, Notion, Figma and other project/business tools commonly used in our space
- You love a good [virtual or in-person] whiteboard session and can explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You improve everything you manage
Your compensation will truly be based on your experience and how closely a fit to the above points you are. We're a profitable and growing company that believes in high tides raising all boats. This position is paid hourly and is expected to work 40 hours a week.
We are a globally distributed team of professionals with the large majority of our team located in Oregon. We work flexible hours and operate as a team. Our clients range from small well-funded start-ups to large multi-billion dollar international companies. We truly believe in a balanced work/life ethic. SingleMind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a matching 401k, full health, vision, and dental benefits. Paid vacation and sick time.
If portions of this job description really don't sound like you, then let's save us both some time. We want you set up for success in this role and after 15 years of doing this, we've found the above is necessary for you to be happy, engaged and eager to show up every day.